Someone once asked, “how do you eat an elephant?” To which the response was, “one bite at a time”. As 2016 explodes onto the calendar, Family Heritage Alliance and FHA Action are hard at work protecting and promoting Faith, Family, and Freedom. As the work of these two organizations has grown, the boards have decided to “divide and conquer” (so to speak). They are breaking the work and mission of the two corporations into “bite-sized” segments and placing committees over each of those segments. We are pleased to announce that all but one of the committees are chaired at this time, and we are actively working on the chairmanship of the one currently un-chaired. The following is a list of our committees and the current individuals who have accepted the task of chairing them:
- Chaired by Debra Watson
- Mission: To provide logistical support for conducting events.
- Financial Development
- We are working on finding a chairperson for this committee.
- Mission: To develop the financial resources needed to fund the organization.
- Co-Chaired by Gayla Meyer and LeeAnn Rieman
- Mission: To develop and reinforce strong policy volunteer leadership.
- Public Policy
- Chaired by Elli Schwiesow
- Mission: To provide strategic direction and oversight toward meeting the organizational mission of advocacy and public policy.
- Chaired by Tim Udager
- Mission: To develop a high volume of volunteer resources in support of large projects and campaigns.
- Chaired by Doug Noyes
- Mission: To provide for safe and secure operations and special events.
- Chaired by Deb Baker
- Mission: To ensure the highest integrity and stewardship of organizational resources.
Our Executive Director, Dale Bartscher, writes the following:
It was Lady Bird Johnson who once said, “Any committee is only as good as the most knowledgeable, determined and vigorous person on it. There must be somebody who provides the flame.” These seven Chairs have the FLAME necessary to challenge and move the FHA and FHA ACTION to a new level of excellence in championing our vision that — South Dakota would be a state where God is honored, Religious Freedom flourishes, Families thrive and Life is cherished.
NOTE: For more information and/or to volunteer to serve on one of these FHA Stand Committees please contact Amy Willson, FHA Administrative Assistant, by submitting a message via our contact form.